Welcome to a wonderful world of opportunity.
Learn everything you need to know as a...
Find out if a role as a carer suits you?
Watch this video where Bevan McPherson, course adviser and expert in aged care at Kenvale College, talks through what is involved in a care workers' role.
Aged Care workers bring their compassion and kindness to work every day. It is a very satisfying and rewarding role, requiring genuine care.
What does a day in the life of a care Worker look like?
Bevan McPherson, course adviser and expert in aged care
talks through what is involved in a care workers' role
Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety - Results
What did the Royal Commission find?
Final Report calls for fundamental and systemic Aged Care reform
Did you know that the final Royal Commission reports are spread over 5 volumes and hundreds of pages.
Download this summarised report for a quick overview.
Kenvale highlights some of the key findings for you.
Royal Commission Report Summary Download
Opportunities for a career in Aged Care
Where do the opportunities lie?
- The care workforce is central to the quality of Aged Care in Australia
- By 2050, the Aged Care workforce will grow to 1,000,000 people employed in this industry
- Within the next two years, the workforce will need by 34,200 Personal Care Workers (PCW)
- By 2050, 130,000 NEW care workers will be required to meet the demand
- Currently 57% of patients in residential aged care are in level 1 and level 2 facilities (the lowest star ratings)
- The Government wants to lift the standard of care to level 3, 4 and 5 (higher star ratings), which means a higher staff to patient ratio, better accommodation, better food, better social and well-being care
- This also means growth across skilled hospitality jobs for example: Chefs and Kitchen Staff
...so, where and how do Kenvale fit in? View the Next Section.
A Short course. An introduction into aged Care
A taste to get started.
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client Care
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
Short courses provide you with the opportunity for entry level into care work, but a higher paid role such as a Personal Care Worker (PCW) will need to complete a full CHC33015 Cert III in Individual Support qualification. The subjects you complete in this short course will be credited against a full qualification for a more senior role.
A full course in aged CareThe main event to get stuck in.
Other Aged Care Resources
The State of Aged Care in Australia
If you’re the right person with the right heart and mind, this guide motivates a start or formal qualification in Aged Care or Personal care work.
The Australian Aged Care Royal Commission Report
A Summary and Consolidated Outcomes of The Australian Aged Care Royal Commission Report