Hospitality is the way we serve our guests and meet their needs, wants and desires. The hospitality industry is changing rapidly and it’s not slowing down in the next few years. From digitalised guest experiences to holistic hospitality, health & well-being, solo travel and staycations. We’ve...
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Kenvale’s CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support course provides you with the opportunity to enter a new career as a Personal Care Worker in residential or home care services currently experiencing acute staff shortages. We are delivering training that not only meets the needs and expectations of the Aged Care industry, but more importantly, we provide support for you to find work placement and job outcomes with our industry partners.
|27 weeks||2 x 13 week terms|
Potential Job Roles+
Potential Job Roles
- Residential aged care support worker.
- Personal Care Worker for out-of-home care.
- Community Care Worker.
Method of Delivery+
Method of Delivery
- Full time
- The delivery mode is classroom based plus work placement.
- Only available for Domestic Students.
- Work placement onsite at Ferndale Gardens Aged Care facility. Kenvale will organise other work placement opportunities for students in both aged care facilities or with home care providers.
- Approx Total Hours : 120
There are no academic pre-requisites for anyone who wishes to complete this course and gain a qualification, however, the following attributes are suggested:
- A reasonable standard of spoken and written English as this is how the course is delivered.
- Physical capacity as this work requires a reasonable level to assist people who may have limited mobility.
- Work Placement requirements:
- Police Clearance checks.
- Working with Children Checks (WWCC).
- Most facilities for work placement may require Flu/Covid Vaccinations.
- Successfully complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test. For more details on how to complete the online test, please refer to Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) requirement Fact Sheet. The purpose of the LLN online test is to show how Kenvale College can assist you in any areas where you may need help while studying with us.
- Domestic Fees: A$ 6,500
Note: Fees are indicative only and may be subject to change. *This is an approximate cost. The price will vary according to electives chosen. **Conditions Apply.
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services.
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client Care.
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support.
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs.
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families.
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people.
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia.
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems.
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being.
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people.
(Please enquire for further information about intakes)
- Classroom training will be conducted, Kenvale College 38 High Street Randwick.
We have a light rail stop outside the college. Take the L2 to Randwick and get off at the UNSW High St stop.
- Work placement will be conducted at Ferndale Gardens Aged Care, 33 Jersey Ave, Mortdale NSW 2223.
Expression of Interest Form
Our Latest Blogs
Stay up to date with all the latest news at Kenvale College and industry information by reading our latest blog articles.
Seek a better Aged Care system
By 2050, 3.5 million Australians will be accessing aged care services every year.
As Personal Care Workers, they will play outsized roles in provider organisations and the industry. As they spend the maximum amount of time with consumers and work with them daily in the closest proximity, they...
Located in Sydney, our state-of-the-art campus has a fully equipped training bar and commercial kitchen along with several lecture rooms all equipped with the proper equipment for the best learning experience possible.